Heal Your Heart Through Meditation
A simple 7-week program to create and establish
your personal healing meditation practice
Would you like to...
- Take a proactive step towards change
- Cultivate more mindfulness and presence in your life and work
- Explore a new approach and improve your meditation
- Engage a structured process that guides you to create your own meditation routine
- Do a program that feels safe for your connection with meditation
- Heal past hurts
- Authentically integrate your past and re-envision how to live a joyfull spiritual path
For the past six years The Easy 7-Day Kick Start Your Meditation Program successfully guided people to establish a personalized regular daily meditation practice. (See testimonials below.)
Now, Heal Your Heart Through Meditation takes the proven approach of the Kick Start program and adds sensitive support for those who have experienced trauma and/or betrayal.
What's New in This Program?
- Basic information about trauma recovery
- Techniques for grounding and feeling emotionally safe
- Energy psychology practices to shift energy blocks in the Heart and other places in the body
- New support for connecting with your inner child and designing a truly heart-centered meditation
- A peer support online discussion group with others in the program
We successfully beta tested this new program in the summer of 2019. The Beta Test group found significant benefit in the program. (See testimonials below.)
They also provided valuable suggestions for improving the program. So now the program is even better!
Week 1: Starting gently
- Getting organized
- Setting your intention for your experience
Week 2: Fill your travel bag with healing goodies
- Learn basics of trauma recovery
- Learn emotional grounding techniques
- Learn energy psychology exercises
Week 3: Kick Start Your Meditation
- Learn to meditate
- Create your personalized altar and place to meditate
- Identify your ideal meditation time
- Explore what healthy meditation community can look like
- Create a vision board for your personal meditation practice
Weeks 4/5/6: The 21-day healing meditation challenge
- Receive a daily healing quote
- Receive encouragement to meditate a little every day
- Form a new habit
Weeks 7: Create your on-going plan
- Harvest the riches of your program
- Explore next steps
- Set up a structure for regularly checking in and planning further enrichment for your meditation practice
Any exploration of one's past or current difficulties—common practices within energy psychology as well as many other personal development approaches—may evoke disquieting memories or emotions. While these may be markers on the path of personal evolution, the individual undertaking such exploration assumes any and all associated risks.
How the program works
- You will receive one email a day for the first week, guiding you through a gentle process to prepare for the journey ahead so you get the most out of this program
- In week two we will pack your travel bag with daily emails delivering: (1) helpful information about trauma and methods for recovery, (2) techniques for grounding and simplifying your experience, and (3) energy psychology exercises to help you shift energy blocks in your heart and body
- In week three you will kick start your meditation receiving one email lesson a day, guiding you through seven steps for creating a personal healing meditation practice. Each daily lesson will include a short audio and a supplementary resource (either a reading or a link to a video of a meditation master)
- After the Kick Start program, I lead you in a 21-day healing meditation challenge to establish a new meditation habit with daily inspiring emails delivered with love to your inbox. The challenge is to meditate for 10 minutes a day for 21 days. Research shows it takes 21 days to establish a new habit, so this component is important for establishing a solid daily meditation routine!
- For the final week of the program you will be guided to create a personalized long term plan for enriching your meditation practice as part of a wellness-based lifestyle
Please note: This program does not include CD's. I chose this program logo to communicate that this is an educational program with a 7-week curriculum. It is substantial. You can expect a professional and in-depth experience.
About Andrea, the creator of this program
- A Masters of Education in Counselling Psychology (University of Toronto, 2008) - Focus of degree: Healing relational trauma
- Bachelor of Arts Honours in Women's Studies (Mount St. Vincent University, 2003)
- Mediation Certification (York University, 2003) - Six month certification program
- Four levels of Soul Art Guide Certification Training (Bodymapping, Chakras, Spirit Guides, and Shaman, 2017)
- Five year apprenticeship with a Mi’kmaq Shaman (Quebec, Canada, 2005)
- 25 years informal practice of Jin Shin Jyutsu
- Bio-Energetic Emotional Access Method (BEAM) (2003) - A chakra-based healing method which released trauma at the cellular level
- A lifetime of mindfulness meditation, beginning with growing up in a Tibetan Buddhist community.
Beyond my formal credentials, I am a trauma survivor who has engaged deep personal healing for the past 18 years. I have integrated wisdom about the process of healing, and I offer that through my service. I walk my talk. Most recently, I was an important catalyst in revealing widespread sexualized violence in the Shambhala Buddhist community, including formally documented allegations of sexual assault by the community's guru. Media coverage of my work in this area is easily accessible through a google search on "Andrea Winn Shambhala abuse." It is an honour to provide spaces for people to connect with their own sense of grounded spiritual integrity, to heal and truly be all they can be.
See Extensive Testimonials Below
Testimonials for the original
Easy 7-Day Kick Start Your Meditation Program
Mette Keating, Principal & Creative Director, Mette Designs Inc., Toronto, ON Canada
My hope going into the Kick Start program was to come closer to living my potential in my work and personal life journeys. Through taking this program, I learned there is an enormous deeper part of myself yet to be discovered. I have learned a sense of surrendering, not completely but started. It was a good experience and I feel I have started something special… Looking forward to the continued journey!
Emma-Kate Millar, Owner of Body Mason Pilates Studio, Toronto, ON Canada
I took the Kick Start program hoping to reduce my level of stress or anxiety. I hoped to learn some skills to develop my meditation practise and improve my ability to focus. Through doing the program I learned how much my focus has suffered since I opened my business. Social media also has had a major effect on my ability for quiet reflection and focus. The most important thing I’ve learned is that I need to make myself more of a priority and that taking time to meditate is not wasteful. I also need a lot of practise!
Amy S. D'Aprix, MSW, PhD Co-Founder Essential Conversations Project, Toronto, ON Canada
I LOVED the experience and it helped me jumpstart back into meditation. I am back to doing my former meditation routine, thanks to you. And the timing of your meditation couldn't have been better. I ended up having a crazy stressful December that included a partial audit from CRA, the uncertainty of a contract with a key client (all good now), and an inordinate amount of travel...the meditation helped keep me grounded. Thank you!
Dr. Derek Cain, Owner of Integrate Chiropractic, Toronto, ON Canada
I'm really appreciating the easy steps and gradual build of the program. I think in the past I felt like I had to do it all at once. The structure and consideration put into this program is really amazing Andrea, I really want to thank you!
Jill Moriarty, Toronto, ON Canada
I'm meditating every day and it's actually working much better than it ever has before - I suspect a combination of your good preparation guidance and my being in a space that's really ready to work in this way. I especially LOVE the meditation altar. To me, bringing out my alter really sets the space - both internally and externally. Thank you for that.
Jay Miller, President of Jay Miller Voice and Speech, Toronto, ON Canada
You thought of everything, Andrea, the supplemental videos, articles, the ready-made meditation log. Your support for my journey is so tangible. Thank you for making meditation so manageable and accessible.
Testimonials from participants of the
Beta Test of
Heal Your Heart Through Meditation
This program is lovely and wonderful. I feel reconnected to myself and my greater path. I was feeling disconnected from my practice and community for some time and through the program have healed a lot of confusion and am reconnected.I.P.
Andrea has presented a gentle program that eases one into a regular meditation practice. She builds the skills you need in a safe manner. Thank you for this Andrea.Aldona (Toronto, ON)
I am able to meet my mind. I am able to let things go, even when they are intense. I am able to meditate for 3 hours. This is feeling like a level of mastery - especially just being able to connect with my mind in a space of peace. It's new!Timothy (Canada)
I signed up for this program out of a very intense desire to cultivate and access within myself a safe and grounded source of wisdom, strength, and sanity after going through a really distressing upheaval in my life. The structured but gentle pacing, content, and resources offered in this program were exactly what I needed. Andrea brings a deeply feminine, wise, and gentle approach which allows you to feel cared for and attended to in a really tender way. I have come out of this program feeling far more comfortable and at ease in my meditation practice, equipped with a toolkit of resources to aid in my practice, and with that sense of groundedness and security within myself that I had so desired to cultivate through this program. I would absolutely recommend this program to anyone who is looking for a gentle, structured, and empowering engagement with their own meditation practice.Katie (Canada),
This is a well paced and valuable course. The underlying practices are so helpful for staying grounded and joyful no matter how deep the challenges you are facing in your life and work.A. R.
I was not harsh with myself at all, I just went along with the program. I think it trained me. Afterwards I fell off the wagon for a few days, but I'm back on the wagon now and I am seriously invested in cultivating further relationship with my meditation.Cheryl (Canada)
I didn't think it would be possible to ever feel wholesome again or to have a meditation practice. The Heal Your Heart Through Meditation program re-introduced me to a healthy and wholesome meditation practice, in such gentle and doable steps. It is a very sensitive program that gave me space for feeling my pain, while at the same time encouraging me to keep taking steps to establish a meditation practice.Maria (Canada)
I was able to really get back into my body after years of dissociation. I learned that meditation on a daily basis helps me with decision making and energy levels. I am on track with my piano studies and confident about passing my exam in May. This is a result of being more centred.D.C. (Toronto, Canada)
As a survivor and a former member of Shambhala, who was struggling with suicidal ideation connected to all the harm in Shambhala, I found this program to be deeply healing and refreshing. The trauma-informed meditation practices uncovered the energies of love in my body and I learned new ways to bring that love into the world. I was skeptical about trying this program, however, Andrea Winn has created something wonderful gentle and trauma-informed that has the power to transform lives and bring deep healing. It really was helpful in cultivating a sense of empowerment and strength with meditation. Inviting the inner child parts into the meditation practice was so healing and powerful. The trauma-informed practices for hyperarousal and intrusion were brilliant and the 3-week mastery module radically changed my life.....Andrea Winn is amazing!!!a strong survivor and advocate (who prefers to remain anonymous for safety)
Through really beginning to cultivate my meditation practice as a gentle space where I feel grounded, rooted in myself, and safe. This is now a go-to for me that makes me feel more focused on my own wellbeing and assured in my own rootedness and groundedness in light of chaotic surroundings at work, in the world, etc.Katie (Canada)